Upcoming Meetings and Deadlines:
- June 9-12: ANS Annual Meeting
- February 2: Submission of Summaries and Abstracts
- February 23: Notification of Acceptance
- March 11: Revised Summaries Due
- August 25-28: NUTHOS-14
- January 31: Draft Paper Due
- May 1: Final Paper Due
- November 17-21: ATH (ANS Winter Meeting)
- May 31: Full Paper and Summaries Due
- July 11: Notification of Acceptance
- August 8: Final Papers and Summaries Due
Not Sure when something might be due?
- Abstracts: 13 Months
- Papers: 8 Months
- Summaries: 6 Months
- Early Bird Registration: 1 Month
To establish, stimulate, and maintain quality technical and professional approaches in all areas of Nuclear Thermal Hydraulics.
In furtherance of this mission the Division shall devote itself specifically to:
- The advancement and dissemination of knowledge of thermal and hydraulic phenomena as they pertain to the steady state design or transient performance of equipment in nuclear power plants and other segments of the nuclear fuel cycle.
- Aid in the integration and dissemination of thermal hydraulics information developed in research and design programs and from experience with operating nuclear reactors.
- Promote effective interchange of thermal hydraulics information among the many professional groups and organizations participating in the development and application of nuclear reactor technology.
- Provide a basis for interaction between the nuclear industry and regulatory groups.
Membership in the Thermal Hydraulics Division ensures that you have access to the latest research and the opportunity of interact with the top experts in field.
- The International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Reactor Thermal Hydraulics (NURETH) series of meetings, held every other year, are the premier technical conference in nuclear reactor thermal hydraulics.
- Two major ANS meetings a year, usually in June and November, including technical sessions and papers on thermal topics, including the Advances in Thermal Hydraulics (ATH) series of embedded topical meetings.
- Semiannual newsletters, keeping members up to date on the latest in thermal hydraulics for nuclear applications and division activities.
- Opportunities to network with nuclear professionals in thermal hydraulics and related technical areas.
Are you a student interested in joining? Find out more about the division here