Upcoming Meetings and Deadlines:
- September 5-10: NUTHOS 13
- November 13-17: ANS Winter Meeting
- June 30: Summary Submission
- August 8: Revised Summary Submission
- October 12: Early Registration Ends
- August 20-25 (2023): NURETH-20
- October 1: Abstract Submission
- November 1: Abstract Acceptance
- January 1 (2023): Draft Paper Submission
- March 1 (2023): Paper Review Notification
- April 15 (2023): Final Paper Submission
To establish, stimulate, and maintain quality technical and professional approaches in all areas of Nuclear Thermal Hydraulics.
In furtherance of this mission the Division shall devote itself specifically to:
- The advancement and dissemination of knowledge of thermal and hydraulic phenomena as they pertain to the steady state design or transient performance of equipment in nuclear power plants and other segments of the nuclear fuel cycle.
- Aid in the integration and dissemination of thermal hydraulics information developed in research and design programs and from experience with operating nuclear reactors.
- Promote effective interchange of thermal hydraulics information among the many professional groups and organizations participating in the development and application of nuclear reactor technology.
- Provide a basis for interaction between the nuclear industry and regulatory groups.
Membership in the Thermal Hydraulics Division ensures that you have access to the latest research and the opportunity of interact with the top experts in field.
- The International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Reactor Thermal Hydraulics (NURETH) series of meetings, held every other year, are the premier technical conference in nuclear reactor thermal hydraulics.
- Two major ANS meetings a year, usually in June and November, including technical sessions and papers on thermal topics, including the Advances in Thermal Hydraulics (ATH) series of embedded topical meetings.
- Semiannual newsletters, keeping members up to date on the latest in thermal hydraulics for nuclear applications and division activities.
- Opportunities to network with nuclear professionals in thermal hydraulics and related technical areas.
Are you a student interested in joining? Find out more about the division here